Since 1997, the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) has delivered public safety services on behalf of the government of Ontario. With headquarters in west Toronto, the TSSA is a self-funded, not-for-profit organization that employs approximately 400 staff across Ontario. The roles within the TSSA are as diverse as the Province we serve. It takes all kinds of people with varied skillsets and backgrounds to meet our organizational goals, but our employees share a few key traits:
TSSA provides our employees with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and — most importantly — a sense of purpose. Our work is vital to the success and safety of the Province, and it’s our people who make it possible.We are currently looking for an Executive Assistant to support our dynamic President and Chief Executive Officer.RoleReporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant provides executive level support to the President and Chief Executive Officer’s office and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the office of the President and Chief Executive Officer.The Executive Assistant takes leadership of all vital office functions, including the coordination of priority actions, correspondence control, travel logistics, inter-departmental liaison and the provision of advice, communication, and presentation materials.Description
- We are passionate about public safety.
- We are highly skilled, problem-solvers.
- We are collaborators who are invested in the communities we work in.
- We are more than employees; we are serving the greater good.
- We are committed to life-long learning and development.
- We operate with the highest integrity.
*Other duties as required Requirements Education and Experience
- Manages organizational routines of the office, such as: managing President and CEO’s very active calendar, arranges meetings, handles confidential information, follows up on various requests, prioritizes conflicting needs; handles all matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion with deadline pressures;
- Serves as the President and CEO’s administrative liaison with the Board of Directors.
- Manages and executes on behalf the President and CEO, priority actions ensuring prompt, effective follow-ups take place;
- Practices significant discretion in dealing with requests from senior corporate executives, The Board of Directors, The Minister’s Office and external Stakeholders on highly confidential and sensitive information, situations or conditions on behalf of the President and CEO. Seeks resolution to issues, problems and outstanding action items;
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) including assisting in scheduling, attending meetings, and noting action items. Responsible for communicating the action items as well as the follow-up to ensure completion;
- Prepares and supports President and CEO for internal and external commitments preparing documentation, proof reading documents, providing background information, meeting summaries and/or supporting documents in preparation for scheduled appointments, meetings, and speaking engagements and coordinates with other divisions when required;
- Maintains document control for the President and CEO;
- Work closely and effectively with the President and CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments, responsibilities, and any potential work environment issues;
- Maintains metrics and reports;
- Works effectively with the other Executive and Administrative Assistants.
- Post secondary education in Executive Office Administration or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years experience in an administrative role supporting C-suite level Executives preferably in a non-profit organization/regulatory authority field
Location Details 345 Carlingview Drive, TorontoEquity Statement At TSSA, we value the diversity in our workplace and we are committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze technical, regulator and other non-technical inquiries with the intent to ensure accurate and timely resolution through identification of appropriate resources;
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, the Minister’s office and external stakeholders
- Ability to handle confidential information and assess the sensitive nature of information before release;
- Problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Superior attention to detail and follow through required in all activities;
- Technical competencies (e.g., basic financial analysis skills, office administration practices and procedures, use of communications technologies);
- Advanced pc software skills (i.e., MS office suite).
We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. We provide any required accommodations for our applicants and employees. No matter which area you work in, you will collaborate with experts across diverse fields, backgrounds and cultures, expanding your knowledge and helping you realize your full potential.
Please be advised that your security of your data cannot be guaranteed while it is being transmitted to TSSA