Since 1997, the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) has delivered public safety services on behalf of the government of Ontario. With headquarters in west Toronto, the TSSA is a self-funded, not-for-profit organization that employs approximately 400 staff across Ontario. The roles within the TSSA are as diverse as the Province we serve. It takes all kinds of people with varied skillsets and backgrounds to meet our organizational goals and our employees share a few key traits:
TSSA provides employees with competitive compensation & benefits - most importantly our team members have a deep & proud sense of purpose as our work is vital to the success and safety of the Ontarians.We are currently looking for an Executive Assistant who will provide administrative support to the Vice-President, Operations and the Operation department. Job Description
- We are passionate about public safety.
- We are highly skilled, problem-solvers.
- We are collaborators who are invested in the communities we work in.
- We are more than employees; we are serving the greater good.
- We are committed to life-long learning and development.
- We operate with the highest integrity.
Job Requirements The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, skills and attributes:
- Manage the VP’s daily schedule and workflows
- Prioritizing VP email responses, specifically time sensitive materials
- Prepare, draft, edit internal and external documentation and correspondence, including internal briefing notes, reports, PowerPoint presentations and other documents as required
- Maintain VP’s and department documentation (online and offline)
- Assist with new employee onboarding
- Prepare expense reports on behalf of executive and review expense reports for direct reports for accuracy
- Prioritize, coordinate and schedule calls, appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements.
- Review and respond and/or delegate all communications (telephone calls and electronic) accordingly and in a timely fashion. Ensure follow up until completion.
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Coordinate logistical requirements and prepare minutes and action items for meetings.
- Complete weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports (Oracle)
- Fleet management: attend monthly meetings on behalf of the executive and prepare reports to share with the operations team. Identify areas for concern (missing mileage, etc)
- Anticipate the needs of executives by looking for new and innovative approaches to work/process improvement.
- Champions and engages team in implementing change initiatives
- Tracking deliverable/initiatives
- Perform other duties that may be assigned as necessary
- Candidates must have a sense of confidentiality.
Location Details 345 Carlingview Drive, TorontoEquity Statement At TSSA, we value the diversity in our workplace and we are committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised that your security of your data cannot be guaranteed while it is being transmitted to TSSA.
- Secondary school diploma
- Completion of administrative or business courses/programs is preferred
- Experience in an administrative function supporting senior executive level position(s).
- Expert software application proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and, ideally, Oracle ERP
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
Posted until filled