Since 1997, the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) has delivered public safety services on behalf of the government of Ontario. With headquarters in west Toronto, the TSSA is a self-funded, not-for-profit organization that employs approximately 400 staff across Ontario. The roles within the TSSA are as diverse as the Province we serve. It takes all kinds of people with varied skillsets and backgrounds to meet our organizational goals, but our employees share a few key traits:• We are passionate about public safety.• We are highly skilled, problem-solvers.• We are collaborators who are invested in the communities we work in.• We are more than employees; we are serving the greater good.• We are committed to life-long learning and development.• We operate with the highest integrity.TSSA provides our employees with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and — most importantly — a sense of purpose. Our work is vital to the success and safety of the Province, and it’s our people who make it possible.Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) is undergoing multiple transformations (culture, data & business model), enabling it to deliver to its safety mandate efficiently, effectively and economically. As part of that transformation, TSSA people leaders will execute fulfilling its vision and achieving strategic plan commitments by:
We are looking for a Talent & Leadership Development Business Partner (Training and Development)As a key member of the HR team, this role works with HR Business Partners and People Leaders to provide relevant training and development initiatives that align with our TSSA strategic plan (available online). This role plans, designs, develops, procures and delivers talent management and organizational effectiveness initiatives including; organizational design, leadership development, employee engagement and change management. This partner translates corporate strategies and goals into practical solutions that can be applied to help stakeholders deliver improved business outcomes. Job Responsibilities:
- Contributing to a culture of personal accountability in their role and to the organization;
- Playing a key role in change management, helping employees and stakeholders evolve to an outcome-based regulator; and
- Building the team; developing and engaging employees to help grow and sustain the transformation shifts.
Experience, Job Skills & Requirements:
- Designs, develops, and delivers corporate wide talent management, organizational change and development initiatives and practices that support the TSSA strategic plan. This includes organizational effectiveness, employee engagement, leadership development, leadership alignment, performance management, change management and organization design;
- Establishes ongoing processes and programs to develop and sustain leadership talent across the organization (i.e., succession management, high potential talent development, leadership development);
- Engages and collaborates with third parties as needed;
- Collaborates with line management, HR teams and/or external consultants to identify business problems/opportunities and to assess related requirements for meeting organization and talent objectives and business performance improvement.
- Conducts analysis to diagnose performance and development needs;
- Prepares and presents recommendations and proposals to address gaps with a variety of stakeholders;
- Creates evaluation tools to measure the impact of performance improvement/change initiatives and demonstrate ROI;
- Works collaboratively with internal and external consultants to support line management and HR business unit teams by identifying appropriate internal/external resources for the design, development, delivery and evaluation of business unit specific interventions (i.e., training programs, team building, etc.); and
- Delivers relevant and quality initiatives on time and within budget.
Location Details: 345 Carlingview Drive, Toronto
- Degree or diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent leadership experience in the field
- Certificate in adult learning, instructional design or relevant discipline
- 10+ years’ experience in increasingly responsible business roles including Human Resources, Talent Management, change management and/or related roles
- Experience administering and developing courses for e-Learning
- Technical, Adult Learning and facilitation skills
- Strong executive presence, ability to present to variety of stakeholders
- Impressive facilitation and project management skills in the development of courses and programs that are global and enterprise wide
- Experience with Learning Management System is required, preferably Halogen/Saba
- Advanced skills using MS Office Products Word, PowerPoint, Excel & MS Project + Adobe Acrobat. Experience with a variety of editing applications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to influence
- Ability to analyze data and use as a foundation for delivering outcome based initiatives
- Exceptional facilitation and presentation skills
- Able to operate independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Enterprise-wide change management experience
- Track record in developing and maintaining effective internal and external interpersonal business relationships.
At TSSA, we value the diversity in our workplace and we are committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that your security of your data cannot be guaranteed while it is being transmitted to TSSA.