Since 1997, the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) has delivered public safety services on behalf of the government of Ontario. With headquarters in west Toronto, the TSSA is a self-funded, not-for-profit organization that employs approximately 400 staff across Ontario. The roles within the TSSA are as diverse as the Province we serve. It takes all kinds of people with varied skillsets and backgrounds to meet our organizational goals, but our employees share a few key traits:
• We are passionate about public safety.
• We are highly skilled, problem-solvers.
• We are collaborators who are invested in the communities we work in.
• We are more than employees; we are serving the greater good.
• We are committed to life-long learning and development.
• We operate with the highest integrity.
TSSA provides our employees with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and — most importantly — a sense of purpose. Our work is vital to the success and safety of the Province, and it’s our people who make it possible.
We are looking for a full-time Certifications Associate
. Job Description
Supports public safety by reviewing and processing applications relating to the certification of industry technicians. Key Functions
- accurately processing certification and examination applications/information, reviewing data for deficiencies, and resolving discrepancies using established procedures;
- providing timely information to customers, i.e., contacting clients to provide directions or solicit information to complete application process;
- updating customer database in response to customer or internal direction; interacting with internal customers/program areas for final approvals of certification applications.
- minimum of a high school diploma;
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- accurate transposition of information (alpha and numeric);
- attention to detail a must;
- customer relationship management skills;
- problem-solving and analytical skills;
- technical competencies, e.g., office management practices and procedures;
- intermediate computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and ideally, MS Outlook and Oracle.
345 Carlingview Drive, Toronto, Ontario
Posting Deadline November 15 , 2019