Since 1997, the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) has delivered public safety services on behalf of the government of Ontario. With headquarters in west Toronto, the TSSA is a self-funded, not-for-profit organization that employs approximately 400 staff across Ontario. The roles within the TSSA are as diverse as the Province we serve. It takes all kinds of people with varied skillsets and backgrounds to meet our organizational goals, but our employees share a few key traits:
• We are passionate about public safety.
• We are highly skilled, problem-solvers.
• We are collaborators who are invested in the communities we work in.
• We are more than employees; we are serving the greater good.
• We are committed to life-long learning and development.
• We operate with the highest integrity.
TSSA provides our employees with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and — most importantly — a sense of purpose. Our work is vital to the success and safety of the Province, and it’s our people who make it possible.JOB PURPOSE / POSITION SUMMARY
The CRM Technical Analyst / Developer has a thorough and foundational understanding of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM platform. This role is responsible for the design, configuration, development, testing and support of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM solution, and for interfaces and API’s to interdependent applications. The role is highly collaborative with high performing delivery teams by way of daily interaction with associate developers, architects, IT infrastructure team members, business analysts, project managers / scrum masters, product owners, and various business stakeholders. The role requires adaptability to project environments including waterfall methods, agile delivery teams, or a hybrid of methodologies, depending on the nature of the project/program. To be successful in this role, the individual must have a positive attitude, always open to learn new technologies and processes, and possess effective communication skills.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address strategic business opportunities involving CRM-related solutions
- Collaborate with associate developers, architects, IT infrastructure team members, business analysts, project managers / scrum masters, product owners, and various business stakeholders to implement Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions, and to ensure smooth and reliable operation of systems and processes
- Work with partners to integrate solutions into the existing architecture
- Define and implement business workflows and processes
- Create software programs and applications throughout the SDLC, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, documentation, and post-implementation support
- Document functional and technical requirements and create installation instructions for developed customizations
- Assist with data conversion and migration
- Identify and learn appropriate software used and supported by the organization
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from customers
- Provide timely reports on the status of projects as well as any unforeseen issues to management
- Educate IT personnel and end users on the applications and integration interfaces
- Promote a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement
- Comply with all assigned administrative and operational tasks
- Adhere to established policies, standards and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of systems and data
- Provide on-call if/where necessary to support applications
- Complete all tasks with a focus on quality and dependability
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education
- Experience with common application platforms, development tools and best practices
- Working knowledge of SharePoint integration
- Working knowledge of Microsoft CRM Integration with other platforms such as Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Power Platform, Scribe, and Epicor
- Working knowledge and deep understanding of Azure DevOps repos and its continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Certification in a technical field or discipline is a plus
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban
- Knowledge of cross functional team models
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
345 Carlingview Drive, Toronto, Ontario
At TSSA, we value the diversity in our workplace and we are committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. We provide any required accommodations for our applicants and employees. No matter which area you work in, you will collaborate with experts across diverse fields, backgrounds and cultures, expanding your knowledge and helping you realize your full potential.