Since 1997, the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) has delivered public safety services on behalf of the government of Ontario. Putting public safety first is not just our mandate it's our passion. Our people leave work every day knowing they've made a contribution to their community.
The TSSA is seeking a Facilities Agent to join our Facilities & Business Services team.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Facilities & Business Services, the Facilities Agent will administer all aspects of facilities management by providing and configuring work space, tools and processes to enable the organization on a day-to-day basis. Interacts both internally and externally with all staff levels up to and including the President and CEO. Is primary back up for the Facilities Coordinator.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as second / back-up receptionist between 9am – 5pm by:
- Receive guests
- Receive catering orders
- Accept payments
- Fulfil Sale of Material orders
- Escalate inquiries to SMEs
- Enforces security practices
- Acts as primary on-site contact for all vendors and escorts maintenance and repair vendors through their SOW while on site including the landlord and landlord’s contractors (e.g. plumbers, electricians and qualified service technicians);
- 5Ss all common areas including:
- Meeting rooms: Clean white boards, return chairs, clear refuse/waste, configuration for specified/requested set-up
- Copier Area: unpack copy paper, clear red tag area, stock standard supplies, redistribute supplies as needed
- Maintains and restocks Café, kitchenettes, meeting rooms and common areas
- Accountable for resolving all supplies-related JIRA tickets created by employees;
- Makes recommendations for resolution of all facility related issues;
- Act as back-up for mail room
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- 1 yr related work experience or tenure with TSSA
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to lift, carry up to 10-20 kilograms
CRITICAL VALUES AND ATTRIBUTES :
345 Carlingview Drive, Toronto
External Applicant Closing Date: November 15, 2019 At TSSA, we value the diversity in our workplace and we are committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. We provide any required accommodations for our applicants and employees. No matter which area you work in, you will collaborate with experts across diverse fields, backgrounds and cultures, expanding your knowledge and helping you realize your full potential.