Since 1997, the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) has delivered public safety services on behalf of the government of Ontario. With headquarters in west Toronto, the TSSA is a self-funded, not-for-profit organization that employs approximately 400 staff across Ontario. The roles within the TSSA are as diverse as the Province we serve. It takes all kinds of people with varied skillsets and backgrounds to meet our organizational goals, but our employees share a few key traits:
• We are passionate about public safety.
• We are highly skilled, problem-solvers.
• We are collaborators who are invested in the communities we work in.
• We are more than employees; we are serving the greater good.
• We are committed to life-long learning and development.
• We operate with the highest integrity.TSSA provides our employees with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and — most importantly — a sense of purpose. Our work is vital to the success and safety of the Province, and it’s our people who make it possible.
We are currently looking for Administrative Assistant.
Reporting to the Director, Elevating Devices, Amusement Devices this position act as a key point of contact/liaison between external customers, regional inspectors, the public and the engineering team by providing effective administrative services to support the delivery public safety services. Further, the Administrative Assistant interacts with stakeholders such as incident victims, Spills Action Centre (SAC), contractors, mechanics, engineers, building owners and managers to gather and verify factual information in support of level 1 root cause analyses.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Incident Verification
Interviews incident victims to obtain information about their experience in order to complete the level 1 root cause analysis. Enters findings into Oracle and other business systems, and prepares and maintains program reports and documents; may conduct research as required. Responds to general enquiries and provides information to customers regarding the elevating and amusement devices regulations and codes.
Load Planning SupportMonitors daily inspector work queues and makes adjustments to ensure required workload is optimized and appropriately distributed across inspectors and geographic areas. Contacts/responds to inspector inquiries and provide assistance as required to manage workload.
Data Integrity/Information Processing
Maintains data integrity within the business system by accurately inputting corporate, financial and customer information (e.g., entering incident data and performing level 1 analysis, processes engineering design submissions/applications,). Reviews data for errors and or deficiencies, initiates data cleansing to resolve discrepancies using established procedures, and generates excel and other reports. Follows-up on applications with engineers, inspectors or internal department, as well as customers as required. Provides backup capacity to the EDAD administrative assistant team.
Corporate Image/Customer Service ExcellenceEnsures a positive image of the company and maintaining effective relationships by providing timely information and education to customers (e.g., providing compliance requirements information including interpretation of regulations and codes; resolving or referring issues; educating customers and potential customers on the inspection or design submission process requirements); demonstrating TSSA’s corporate values; and adhering to and promoting ethical business practices.High Performing TeamContributes to a workplace environment conducive to a high performing team by maintaining positive professional relationships with all members of the TSSA team; sharing expertise and best-practices; participating in the training and development of others; and providing back-up for colleagues.
Effective and Efficient Service DeliveryDelivers effective and efficient services by organizing and scheduling workday; achieving service standards within established timeframes; and maintaining current electronic and paper records.Health and SafetyDemonstrates a commitment to health & safety by working in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and TSSA health & safety procedures, & when on site, customers’ safety procedures, identifying & promptly reporting potential and actual risks and workplace injuries.Personal DevelopmentMaintains technical knowledge by attending workshops or training sessions; reviewing publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking against best practices. Enhances customer service excellence by developing, sharing, and applying business and technical knowledge; establishing personal networks; identifying opportunities for improvement at a personal and corporate level. JOB REQUIREMENTS
Location Detail345 Carlingview Drive, Toronto, Ontario.
- Requires high school diploma
- Requires 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Intermediate software skills (MS Office (word, excel (pivot tables), power point), TSSA’s business system and related data bases)
- Ability to grasp intermediate level technical language/concepts related to elevating and amusement devices
- Understanding of TSS Act, Ontario elevating and amusement devices regulations and associated codes
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Strong team orientation
- Excellent customer service skills (demonstrate compassion when dealing with incident victims)
- Professionalism (use of tact and discretion)
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and time management
- Priority time management (works well under pressure/multi-tasking within a high volume)
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment (including ability to accurately input/transpose various information)
At TSSA, we value the diversity in our workplace and we are committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that your security of your data cannot be guaranteed while it is being transmitted to TSSA.
Please apply by November 15, 2019.